2 Door 320is for sale (nearly)

189kmonster
E21 starter

2 Door 320is for sale (nearly)

Post by 189kmonster »

Hi guys,

Well like the topic title says, I've decided to sell my E30 320is. It's going because I have got into Porsche 911s in a big way (and basically can't afford to keep the BMW)...

The car is a 1988 2 door 320is that came from Milan to the UK in summer 2006. It was imported by Wayne Howlett of German Cars in Kings Lynn in England, then I bought it from him.

It is Diamant Schwartz with black leather interior. Factory spec includes air con, electric windows and mirrors, sound system speaker upgrade with original Sony face off stereo, rear blind, no sunroof, and OBC.

It has done just under 140k kms from new, I have most of the service history from new. I have all of the books and manuals except the specific 320is supplement, and I ahve all the original keys.

Since I've owned it, I've pretty much fully restored it. It's had a respray by a BMW main dealer body shop in it's original colour. Every rubber seal was replaced with new (every part I've replaced on this car has been new Genuine BMW), and it was fitted with a new front and rear spoiler, new front grill and kidney grills, new bumper trim strips, new side trims, new black window trim, new wiper arms and blades, the list goes on. There is NO rust anywhere on this car at all. Inside it has new BMW overmats, a new M Tech 2 steering wheel, and new gearlever knob and boot.

Mechanically, the gearbox has been rebuilt, a new clutch fitted, a Z3 short shift gearlever fitted, a new Supersprint centre section of the exhaust, Genuine BMW rear section and silencer with chrome tailpipe trims, new front brake callipers, new front wheel bearing, new brake discs.

The suspension is pretty special. I bought a complete set up from a 1990 E30 M3, so it's got complete M3 suspension all round including steering rack. New Bilstein B12 dampers fitted, new Eibach springs, refurbished 7.5x16 Sport Evo BBS wheels, new Toyo 225/45x16 Proxes tyres, Sparco front strut brace, and new bushes all round.

I think that's everything but there may well be things that I've missed. I will upload photos as soon as I can. The car is located in Paderborn, Germany. I have spent a FORTUNE on this car.

Anybody have any idea what I should be asking for it? I thought around 12500 Euro?

Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

I can tell from experience that if you buy a VGC 320iS and do the upgrades you mentioned, you have already spent over 12.5K. With the extra work you put in this means it's well worth that kind of money. But in the current (bad) market 10K might already prove to be difficult I am afraid. On the other hand, I don't think there are many minters around ATM so why not try asking 12.950?
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
189kmonster
E21 starter

Post by 189kmonster »

Jeroen wrote:I can tell from experience that if you buy a VGC 320iS and do the upgrades you mentioned, you have already spent over 12.5K. With the extra work you put in this means it's well worth that kind of money. But in the current (bad) market 10K might already prove to be difficult I am afraid. On the other hand, I don't think there are many minters around ATM so why not try asking 12.950?
Many thanks for your helpful suggestion Jeroen, I will upload some photos as soon as I can, so that you can all see what it is like!
189kmonster
E21 starter

Post by 189kmonster »

189kmonster wrote:
Jeroen wrote:I can tell from experience that if you buy a VGC 320iS and do the upgrades you mentioned, you have already spent over 12.5K. With the extra work you put in this means it's well worth that kind of money. But in the current (bad) market 10K might already prove to be difficult I am afraid. On the other hand, I don't think there are many minters around ATM so why not try asking 12.950?
Many thanks for your helpful suggestion Jeroen, I will upload some photos as soon as I can, so that you can all see what it is like!
Ok I've found some pictures from last summer - they were taken at the end of a long road trip so the car is VERY dirty! I'll take some more this week and if any of you want to see anything, let me know and I'll post it up for you.

Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Ring photos! :lol:

If you want to sell her better post some clean photos one of the next few days, but the car looks real nice without the (standard) M Tech 2 bodykit!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
189kmonster
E21 starter

Post by 189kmonster »

Some proper photos.....

189kmonster
E21 starter

Post by 189kmonster »

No comments at all? :roll:
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Oh yes indeed, great set of photos, nice work!

No reponse to the car sofar? I love her without the bodykit and I would definitely consider buying if I didn't have one of those already... :?
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
189kmonster
E21 starter

Post by 189kmonster »

Jeroen wrote:Oh yes indeed, great set of photos, nice work!

No reponse to the car sofar?
One PM, that's it. Am I missing something? :roll:
Thijsse
E21 Fanatic

Post by Thijsse »

189kmonster wrote:

no, but everybody else is missing a lot of money ;)
MeesterPieter
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by MeesterPieter »

is this not an original 320is, or why is the bodykit removed?
[url=http://www.e30forum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=94][img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/MeesterPieter1/divers/sig2copy.jpg[/img][/url]
189kmonster
E21 starter

Post by 189kmonster »

Thijsse wrote:
189kmonster wrote:

no, but everybody else is missing a lot of money ;)
Fair enough! I am, of course, willing to negotiate on price.
189kmonster
E21 starter

Post by 189kmonster »

MeesterPieter wrote:is this not an original 320is, or why is the bodykit removed?
It is indeed an original 320is - in fact it was first registered within the first month of 320is production (the chassis number is within the first 10 cars built).

I removed the body kit when I started to restore the car, and I had the idea of building a race or track day car (the M Tech 2 body kit is VERY heavy!). The more I did, the better I realised the car was. As I had sold the body kit, I decided to fit new (Genuine BMW parts) 318is front and rear spoilers for a neater look.

I know that it's not original, but with the M3 suspension and brakes the car is not overall original. But all the modifications are with Genuine BMW parts, all of which I bought new from the main dealer.
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

IMHO with the modifications done and the bodykit removed to me this is the ideal 320iS. Market is bad, but no way anyone will be able to buy one anywhere and have it upgraded like this one for 12.5K, that much I can guarantee. Even if you leave the bodykit on. That still makes it a bargain in my opinion... if the car is as good as its advertised but there's a lot of proof on line now.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
189kmonster
E21 starter

Post by 189kmonster »

Jeroen wrote:IMHO with the modifications done and the bodykit removed to me this is the ideal 320iS. Market is bad, but no way anyone will be able to buy one anywhere and have it upgraded like this one for 12.5K, that much I can guarantee. Even if you leave the bodykit on. That still makes it a bargain in my opinion... if the car is as good as its advertised but there's a lot of proof on line now.
Many thanks for your kind comments Jeroen. I have every single receipt for all the work that has been done on the car, and all the parts have been Genuine BMW from a main dealer. I haven't cut any corners at all. But I gues it's all up to a future buyer now...... The only way you could make this car better IMHO is to fit a 2.5 Sport Evo engine with carbon airbox, Alpha N, Shrick cams and a trick manifold.......