No Ive not abandoned the E21 just Home DIY.

The place for everything non E21. Now with dedicated E12 & E30 sections
pandemonium001
E21 Pro
My E21(s): E12 535i T (ish)

No Ive not abandoned the E21 just Home DIY.

Post by pandemonium001 »

Some of you probably thought my E21 had been mothballed and sent to the scrappy like so many do, not just yet, just on hold over the winter.
basically new baby+ 3yr old+ lots of rain and i lost intrest in working in the cold.
so what was achieved?
Im quite pleased with the progress and proud of my work plus with a 15% reduction in headcount at work, i may be touting for work! :loll

build stud chimney breast and installed electric fire and micro marble fire place then first attempt at papering either side

Got brave and decided to paper the whole dining room wall

Got stuck in and completed the downstairs bathroom, 1900x900 12 jet bath Ebay £600 tested for first time tonight by Me and Mrs :whistle

Had to redo all the plumbing and drains, made the unit from scratch, 40mm worktop, 40x40 oak spindles, 3 coats of Mylands water based clear matt laquer

The whole floor is reinforced, membrane tanked, 600x600 porcelain tiles, wet floor shower with level access gradiated floor, tanked walls.

wall tiles are 400x100 split face oyster, easy to lay on flat surfaces, but lots of cutting arount edges, Not ideal or really practical for the shower, and very dificult to grout well but it will hardly be used.

Extraction is the LED light chrome vent, alloy ducting with large 250m3/Hr axial inline timed fan.

window was clad with £40 190x22mm oak door facing then varnished with more Mylands, I recommend this stuff, has virtually no gloss and hardly changes the natural colour of the wood, good for trying to match stuff together.

Still to get a glass shower screen, but thats it.
Total cost...........£4200.00 Materials Only.

Now I have no excuses not to work on the cars, been gathering bits for the E12 as well. :thumbsup

nas80
E21 Mad

Re: No Ive not abandoned the E21 just Home DIY.

Post by nas80 »

What a lovely bit of work. You have some nice size rooms.

I should be doing more diy, but I just find it so tedious.

Howe the new nipper? Ny wife and I had a child over the Christmas holidays as well. It's our first and as you can tell by the time I'm posting this. Child is now asleep but unfortunately I can't get back to sleep myself
[img]http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/nasbucket/forumsig.jpg[/img]
polov8
E21 Pro
My E21(s): '83 Polaris silver 316

Post by polov8 »

As someone who does this sort of stuff for a living, that's some fine looking work! I especially like the rocking chair for Mr Fox ;)
Andy
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

Christ, thats a nice garage, with an electrical fire place and all. Any room left for the e21? :)
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Nice work indeed! And move the dinner table to the side, much better to park the E21 there indeed lol!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
pandemonium001
E21 Pro
My E21(s): E12 535i T (ish)

Post by pandemonium001 »

:loll

Next house will have bi-folding doors, she will never know the car was in there to be polished :loll
nas80 wrote: Howe the new nipper? Ny wife and I had a child over the Christmas holidays as well. It's our first and as you can tell by the time I'm posting this. Child is now asleep but unfortunately I can't get back to sleep myself
Cameron is now 20 weeks, been sleeping 9 ish through to 6:30ish for the last 6 weeks, moved to his own room 2 nights ago, thats quite good i think, but still, bliss, 8 hours solid sleep.
I am a light sleeper since having financial sponge number 1 and was getting by on 5 hours a night for a while.
polov8 wrote:As someone who does this sort of stuff for a living, that's some fine looking work! I especially like the rocking chair for Mr Fox ;)
Thanks, I do everything my self, you would never want me as a customer, I would complain about the price and snag everything, Mr OCD.

As the wife said, "Your not splitting the atom, its only a F....ng bathroom." :loll