New Comic book featuring an E21 driven by the main character

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
Xise
Newbee
My E21(s): 1983 320is

New Comic book featuring an E21 driven by the main character

Post by Xise »

Hey everyone, I am starting work on my New England based comic/manga after many years of working out the story, it is finally ready to get down to it. I have a few published books with work in them so I feel now I have the skills needed to take on a project I have been working on for years. I assumed the community here would be interested as the main character drives a USDM 1983 BMW 320is which is
lightly modified on Bilstein suspension and an Alpina front air dam. :bmw

Rogue Island, a fictitious version of the state of Rhode Island.

Rogue Island - Home | Facebook

The only page I have up right now but go check it out. If you are a fan of Initial D or Over Rev, or just would like to read a comic about motorsports then take a look and give my page a like and share it please. I am trying to get the word out and getting some more people's eyes on it and some real feedback would be a good motivator for me to devote some more time into this!

It will be anime/manga style and will be about road racing, drifting, run ins with the police, highshchool BS and all that good stuff.

I hope you enjoy this, just remember it is a work in progress and I am actively working on the content. :launch

Mihajlo
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 1982 315swap323i

Re: New Comic book featuring an E21 driven by the main chara

Post by Mihajlo »

great idea!
you just have to upgrade to at least 323i with 5speed dogleg and with LSD and green tinted windows

keep us posted!
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Xise
Newbee

Post by Xise »

You'll have to keep viewing to see how this E21 evolves throughout the series! For now it just has the mighty M10, but the 320is came with a getrag 5speed and LSD from the factory, along with comfy Recaros and the sport steering wheel.

Also I am a sucker for green tinted windows :D
Mihajlo
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 1982 315swap323i

Post by Mihajlo »

then, downgrade it to 320i and open diff for the beginning.
it just have to be funny when trying to drift with underpowered car without lsd. and trying to save it after it kicks his ass all around. :D :D :D
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Xise
Newbee

Post by Xise »

Yeah open diff is tough, drifts much better one way than the other, will slide if turning left but you have to give it the ole scandi flick to make it slide to the right :). That is why I chose this model as it was the sportiest E21 we got in the united states. There were a few grey market 323i floating around but were very rare.

I didn't want to use the base model, so it is more believable when the very slow m10 powered e21 is beating cars with double or even triple the horsepower on country twisty roads.

Hey make sure you visit the facebook page and give it a like! trying to get my numbers up and get this comic out there as much as possible. I think it is awesome that people outside of my home country are interested in this!

I was planning on releasing this in a Japanese translated version at the same time as the US release, any suggestions as to other language versions where this might be popular? Germany perhaps?
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Lovely initiative mate! :thumbsup
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Xise
Newbee

Post by Xise »

thanks! I am putting my all into this, so I hope you will enjoy it!!
Xise
Newbee

Re: New Comic book featuring an E21 driven by the main character

Post by Xise »

I forgot I made a page here for this just letting everyone know this is still alive. So here are a few pics. Not much going on yet with a 60 hour a week dayjob as an auto tech but I get to do a bit here and there.

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Much better than nothing, thanks!!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris