Headlight wash/wiper system *now with pics*

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
sleepy
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Headlight wash/wiper system *now with pics*

Post by sleepy »

Hi guys,

I have been thinking about moving a few parts on as i have so many spare...possibly even the car too as i just havent been using it for years and just sits in my garage, the most it gets is a run around my estate to keep everything ticking over...anyway thats another topic.

The question i have is about the value of the headlight wash system i have as i remember these are really rare and possibly worth quite a bit...i checked ebay etc and 1 wiper seems to be going for £100+ never mind the rest of the system.

I have never used it so unsure if it actually works and was an original item on the car or was retro fitted by one of the previous owners, i'm unsure if it has the correct washer tank and will need to check again but can see the the solenoid/relay but again unsure if this works...what do you knowledgeable guys on the forum think its worth in its untested state and what its worth working so that would be the headlights, wash wipers, solenoid/relay and whatever else is there that comes with the system?

Nick1984
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Re: Headlight wash/wiper system *now with pics*

Post by Nick1984 »

If it is complete, i think €1500 for the whole system...
But why would you want to remove it from your car?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/NwLeGXT.jpg[/img]
sleepy
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by sleepy »

Really, i'm guessing thats an estimate based on the system working?

thinking of removing and selling number of reasons to be honest.

Due to ill health in recent years i simply dont get to use the car at all and even before the ill health i was away traveling and living on islands...it litterally had new sills done just before i went away last time and i never even got to enjoy it on the road again. Same story with suspension and brakes etc, new spax psx adjustable shocks/springs, calipers and a rare set of 15" bbs mahle and i am lucky if i did 50 miles since.

I could do with the money too, also thinking about selling the whole car.

I have a spare set of headlights so if i can swap them out and someone who desires the headlight wash system buys the headlight set with the headlight wash system thats two people happy as i will have some extra cash and someone has parts/look they wanted.

I'm a bit like that, if i know something is desired and its sitting in my garage doing nothing when it could make someone happy i feel guilty. Years ago i did the same thing with a very nice e36 m3, was feeling guilty i wasnt using it much so sold it at a time where the car market was bad...that was a mistake now seeing what they are worth. I'd actually like to get another e36 before and enjoy it a little before they get too pricey.

The system seems to be complete...the relay is there with wiring, can see all the pipes for the washers going all way into tank etc...just dont remember them ever working. Will have to investigate

Thanks for the reply, it is certainly helpful as i havent been on the forum as much or keeping up to date with prices for years.
sleepy
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by sleepy »

Anyone interested in buying the headlight wash system can drop me a pm ;-)