Woody's Retro Project,For Sale 02/09/15

woody m3evo
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Woody's Retro Project,For Sale 02/09/15

Post by woody m3evo »

Right as some of already know i have bought myself another little project for 2012 as im running out of things to do to the E36, so when i heard about this E21 going up for sale i just had to snap it up as soon as i could before someone else did.

Some of you might recognize it from some other forums or even this one.

When i first bought the car it had 16's on (see above) which didnt come with the car as i didnt need them because the plan was to fit my BBS RS's on it but as they are 17's i knew there would be problems which there was.

The car came fitted with a set of Gaz coilovers which made it easier to raise up to get the 17's on.

First trial fit of the RS's.

I also gave it a good clean up & got rid of all stickers as i want it to look original (well as original as i can). :wink:

To keep the retro look going i have seen a few cars with wooden steering wheels on & thought that the E21 could do with one, so i had a quick look on eBay for one & few days later this turned up.

Vintage Classic Nardi Steering Wheel.

After fitting the RS's i had second thoughts as they just didnt look right on the front, as they are 8.5's there was just too much poke on the front but saying that the rear's looked spot on,so during the week i had a play around & thought about test fitting the turbines to keep the retro look going even more, also as the are 8's they would fit alot better.
After fitting one on the front i thought they just look so right for the look im going for & decided as the next local South West meet was coming i would get them fitted for the weekend,then it still wasnt low enough on the front so i went for a set of 195/40/17 instead of the 205's they already had on & now its sits just how i want it.

Some pics that Gareth took today after the meet.

Hope you all like what you see,lots more to come in the new year. :thumbsup
Last edited by woody m3evo on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:36 am, edited 28 times in total.

Instagram - WOODYM3EVO
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Woody's New E21 Project 20/12/2011

Post by Jeroen »

Welcome here! Must say, the E34 turbines don't look too bad and I don't think I ever saw an E21 on those before. So the 5 lug conversion was already done before you bought the car?
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
woody m3evo
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by woody m3evo »

Jeroen wrote:Welcome here! Must say, the E34 turbines don't look too bad and I don't think I ever saw an E21 on those before. So the 5 lug conversion was already done before you bought the car?
Thanks mate, yeah the car came with the 5 stud adapters. :D

Instagram - WOODYM3EVO
Reck
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 83 316, 1.8 M10, RHD

Post by Reck »

Beautiful! And those E34 turbs look great. Lets have some engine bay shots!

I also like the decluttered look on the rear end - having removed the black plastic between the rear light clusters.
I also gave it a good clean up & got rid of all stickers as i want it to look original (well as original as i can)
The first thing that struck me (well the second actually, after the wheels!) were the red stonechip sills and front splitter. Originally these should be black, and I don't know why but I think they look a bit weird painted the same colour as the rest of the body.
arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Post by arshad76 »

I'm a big BBS fan, but I agree with Jeroen those turbines look the business and the beige interior makes a nice colour combo. Have you whitewalled the tyres? Looks very cool anyway
UK Moderator
woody m3evo
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by woody m3evo »

Reck wrote:Beautiful! And those E34 turbs look great. Lets have some engine bay shots!

I also like the decluttered look on the rear end - having removed the black plastic between the rear light clusters.
I also gave it a good clean up & got rid of all stickers as i want it to look original (well as original as i can)
The first thing that struck me (well the second actually, after the wheels!) were the red stonechip sills and front splitter. Originally these should be black, and I don't know why but I think they look a bit weird painted the same colour as the rest of the body.
Thanks for the comments. :D

I didnt remove the black plastic between the rear lights mate as i didnt come with one, also i do like the red stonechip sills & front splitter but i would. :thumbsup
arshad76 wrote:I'm a big BBS fan, but I agree with Jeroen those turbines look the business and the beige interior makes a nice colour combo. Have you whitewalled the tyres? Looks very cool anyway
Thanks mate, no i havent whitewalled the tyres,the wheel lips have been polished this is what i think you are seeing. :D

Instagram - WOODYM3EVO
jimbob
E21 Pro

Post by jimbob »

very nice great pics :thumbsup
E21 323i [kashmere] Off the road pending restoration
E21 3231[Graphite metalic] Restoration and conversion to M52
E36 318i Had it nearly 10 years work in progress
E36 328i Daily driver
E39 520i Family car school run workhorse
E36 328i Touring
cobbler2u
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 323i baur
323i special
328 sport
325i

Post by cobbler2u »

Looks nice and retro. A nice sraight tailpie will finish of the look
a8dyc
Newbee

Post by a8dyc »

cobbler2u wrote:Looks nice and retro. A nice sraight tailpie will finish of the look

That really is a 8) looking car.I agree with above though,the exhaust looks like the car has done a wheely and bent it up :wha .

Andy
woody m3evo
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by woody m3evo »

Thanks guys. :thumbsup

Small update, after fitting the Nardi steering wheel i really wanted a gearknob to match as the car came with a hand grenade fitted as one lol ! So i searched through ebay & found this nice Genuine brown leather Nardi Torino Knob.

Nardi Torino GearKnob.

It needs a good clean up & then will be fitted, should tie in nicely woth the rest of the interior. :D

Will add pics up once fitted.

Instagram - WOODYM3EVO
raseeda green
E21 Fanatic

Re: Woody's New Retro Project, Very Small Update 11/01/2012

Post by raseeda green »

Having a second look at the style of the brown and red, leathers and wheels, she looking special really.
316 auto raseeda green
323 red m52 modified
mupetmagnet
E21 starter

Post by mupetmagnet »

i like this car alot. i saw it in the flesh earlier in the year at a volkswagen show (e38) on steelies and it looked awesome. i like the gottis best tho!
woody m3evo
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by woody m3evo »

raseeda green wrote:Having a second look at the style of the brown and red, leathers and wheels, she looking special really.
mupetmagnet wrote:i like this car alot. i saw it in the flesh earlier in the year at a volkswagen show (e38) on steelies and it looked awesome. i like the gottis best tho!
Thanks guys. :thumbsup

Instagram - WOODYM3EVO
m3gaz
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): looking

Post by m3gaz »

I've said it before and i'll say it again.You just cannot beat a Henna red E21.
Love the red sills and front valance.It helps the car look lower.The turbines are the best E34 wheel,in my opinion,and look great on the E21
The tail pipe is a quirky little addition straight from the v-dub scene.Details,details.
Nardi....brilliant.Looks the part.
Can you tell i like it? :mrgreen:
How much??

Gaz
There's one out there with my name on it.
DrGonzoPOW
E21 Pro

Post by DrGonzoPOW »

This car is niiice! Good work that man
Wakefield Hellfire