1982 320/6 Opal Green Metallic

Nick1984
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Re: 1982 320/6 Opal Green Metallic

Post by Nick1984 »

This is the first time i see those rims under an E21, i have them myself also.
Wonderfull progress, car looks really good!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NwLeGXT.jpg[/img]
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

:banana

btw moved the topic to the 6 cylinder section!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
adragonr
E21 starter

Post by adragonr »

Hi All,

It's been a while but I thought I'd give an update on the mods due soon.

Its an early 525e block (11:1 compression) with a ported & polished M20B25 head with a few extra goodies.

284/272 cam

There's also some Ireland Engineering oversized valves but no photos. The head also has a 3 angle cut on the seats, new gaskets, seals etc.

For anyone else who might attempt this frankenstein engine I can confirm the valve to piston clearance is an acceptable 1.75mm even with the oversized valves, domed piston and fast road cam.

Apologies for my sons plasticine

Some preliminary images of the ported head - Inlet

And Exhaust

Bottom end has been deglazed with new bearings, piston rings, core plugs, gaskets, timing belt tensioner etc. Crank was polished etc.

Block before any work

Bare Block

Block assembled with new bearings and graphogen paste

Painted Block with new core plugs

I've made a start on port matching the inlet also as I'll be fitting an M30 AFM and M20B25 throttle body.

I'll be fitting M52B28 injectors, remap, E30 fuel pump and relocating the battery to the boot thanks to Gedzors rear strut brace. Had to make some minor tweaks and I'm having issues with the fitment with the Compbrake adjustable rear mounts but I'm sure it will all pan out.

I have also managed to bag myself a Fritz bits manifold to go with this and I'll be running an E30 oil cooler and Evans waterless coolant for longevity. Booked into a local exhaust fabricator also.

My plan is to have it complete and in early august in time for the Retro Rides show at Shelsey Walsh. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there!