Philco's Baur

philco
E21 starter

Philco's Baur

Post by philco »

Time to reveal what Fritz has been busy with for the last two years!
She's got leather recaros door cards and rear seat etc and the alloys speak for themselves.
Stainless exhaust & manifold and an E30 325 engine (auto)

Rapidly catching E21 fever (again)
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Philco's Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Looks like Richard and his compadres did a nice job! Definitely calls out for more photos and it must be great fun to drive her after such a long time!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
cobbler2u
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 323i baur
323i special
328 sport
325i

Post by cobbler2u »

Looks good :thumbsup
philco
E21 starter

Post by philco »

Jeroen wrote:Looks like Richard and his compadres did a nice job! Definitely calls out for more photos and it must be great fun to drive her after such a long time!
They did a great job but the fun to drive part...Yes but no. It's a looker of course and the leather interior & new carpet makes it comfy but the auto box seems to have been a mistake (Richard did warn about it sucking power but I had no idea it would leach so much). The idea was to make the car easily driveable for "her indoors", but I suppose I knew all along the car was more mine than hers - so I ought to have chosen the powerplant/gearbox specs more wisely. Now it will be costly to put right.
Its not been an easy car to get right and I still suspect it needs brake calipers rebuilding and a new brake master cyl. Fritz have fought an uphill battle to get her roadworthy (it needed lots of welding and if I'd found a better car from the outset I'd have saved £££'s - a fact Richard pointed out to me from the beginning).
Aaaanyway, that's E21 fever for you - more photos in a while.
Rapidly catching E21 fever (again)
problemchild75
E21 Fanatic

Post by problemchild75 »

very nice
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Well and if you're really fed up with the auto box a conversion isn't that much hassle. It's a days work but not impossible!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen