Non E21 & off topic dumpster

The place for everything non E21. Now with dedicated E12 & E30 sections
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Non E21 & off topic dumpster

Post by Jeroen »

:cry: Andrew Sachs who played the role of attendant Manuel in the tv series Fawlty Towers has died. RIP, and thanks for bringing us so much joy and priceless remarks that still are repeated all over the world

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

MANUELLLL!!!!!

RIP.
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
Prufrock
E21 starter
My E21(s): 1977 S plate 320/6

Post by Prufrock »

Jeroen wrote:On a slightly more serious note, I've been watching several documentaries on the 25th anniversary of the coming down of the Berlin wall or more or less the entire iron curtain. Brought back some special memories... back in 1985 when the iron curtain was still very much alive I had the opportunity to go on a trip with my school. A round trip of eastern Germany. Visiting cities like Dresden and East and West Berlin. See the Berlin wall, the no man's land in between the Berlins and cross at Checkpoint Charlie. A few pics, scanned in several occasions and sometimes from small prints, one day I'll re scan them from the original negatives!

towards Brandenburger Tor

streets of east Berlin filled with Trabants and Wartburgs and the odd western car haha

Checkpoint Charlie just after we crossed to West Berlin

Just been viewing this interesting thread, reminds me of the times I visited Berlin with a friend in the days before the fall of the wall. First visit we went to the east for the first time and we thought we were being followed; turned out that we were, and we were approached by two guys (they were Stasi), and they knew our names and told us about our Dad's (both Dad's were soldiers).That freaked us so we left for the west with some urgency!

John.
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Can imagine that! Still it is an amazing and almost unbelievable experience having been on the other side of the iron curtain at the time it was still in place, one of my most special experiences, ever!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen