Dutch Elections

The place for everything non E21. Now with dedicated E12 & E30 sections
TopCat
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 1980 Alpina B6 2.8
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/timothy.c.boles

Dutch Elections

Post by TopCat »

Well I didn't want to give the game away before the event- but it seems pretty obvious to a bipartisan advocate that the Turkish/Dutch storm was a feint designed to keep Mr Wilders (GW) out of power!

Both the Turkish Govt and the incumbent Dutch Govt wanted to keep GW out - best way to do this is to provoke a fake storm and then have the Dutch Govt stand up to "Turkish Islamic extremism" and then hey presto GW has no grievance and anyone with similar views voted Govt as they were a safe pair of hands!

I would love to see the prvt emails between the Govts right now

Regards
Topcat
Isle of Man Inverness
1980 BMW E21 Alpina B6 2.8
1991 BMW E30 Hartge H26
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Re: Dutch Elections

Post by uwbuurman »

I don't think that is true, what you are suggesting. It is obvious that mr Erdogan is a person that trives on incidents, strong words and every now and than needs a fight to show to his people that he is the f#cking best there is. In the end it is just an upcomming dictator. Banning the media, arresting tens of thousands of people who are supposed to be Gülen supporters. Personally I am a bit frightened by the developements in Turkey.

The Dutch government was right, imho, in the way the acted towards those Turkish ministers. Keeping Wilders out of power was also possible without that quarrel with the Turks. Even if the PVV would have been the biggest party, it would not impliced that he would be prime minister or even be in the cabinet with his party. Over time there have been several administrations without the biggest party, in the Netherlands. So no need for some foreign coutry to get involved. The last 3 elections Wilders and his PVV always were high in the polls and lower on votes. Same thing happened yesterday. And the other party in the previous administration, the PVDA, almost deminished. If your suggestion were to be true, that that would have been a very bad outcome for the PvdA.

I think that common sense is a pillar in the Dutch society. We all tend to be a bit negative on things the last few years, but in the end we still are a openminded and resonable nation. As shown by our elections.
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Dutch Elections

Post by Jeroen »

+1!

We came to our senses in time. No Nexit or PVV win, stick to the conventional political parties. The ones that say we're out of the crisis thanks to them, personally I believe we are getting out of the crisis despite them messing things up.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen