centre lock of door

relulu
Newbee

centre lock of door

Post by relulu »

hi, i want to aske you about the centr lock of the car 320is , i can just open the door from the lift from out side but i cant closed and the wright door i cant opent or closed , so whats the problem ?

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Even though it's not completely clear to me I think one of the switches in the drivers door is bad causing the system to stay on its deadlock. May also be 'just' a bad connection of the wiring connector inside the doorsills.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
relulu
Newbee

Post by relulu »

ok , all the centre lock of the car didnt work i can juste open the lift door with the car kye with out closing , and thje wright door i cant open it , for the cover of petrol at wright is opining , i think there is a fuse or the motor of the centr lock broken ?
i want to know witch fuse to verificated ?and i hear sound down behiend the steering when i try to open or to close the lift door
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Might still be a corroded connection in the doorsills but it could also be the central locking control unit is broken. It is located on the left side in a compartment just under the speaker in the left front footwell... if U can get a used example from the wreckers you can replace it: remove the speaker cover and the speaker, take out the plastic protective cap that's at the bottom and undo the two screws that are in sight... then you can take it out.

If the central locking fails (might also be because of one servo being stuck) you'll always be able to open the trunk. If you remove the right side trim you'll be able to pull the servo back to open the fuel tank cover.

If the central locking unit still makes any noise, 99% sure the fuse is still ok.

Good luck!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
relulu
Newbee

Post by relulu »

realy thank you alot , i trust you for all things , I`d like my car and afread from any one to make any thing with it so i like to fixe every thing with my self with aide from you , every one here in kuwait cant belive how woman can fixe a car ? but with me there isnt any thing imposseble !!!!!!!
again thank you alot
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

OK well keep us posted on your findings...
Regards/groeten, Jeroen