Barn finds do exist - and a few BMW parts also

The place for everything non E21. Now with dedicated E12 & E30 sections
croma_man
E21 Pro
My E21(s): '83 EU 327i

Barn finds do exist - and a few BMW parts also

Post by croma_man »

Yes, I'm still alive, my E21 is also still alive but barely find the time to dust him off so here we are with another barn find - this time a massive one !

I decided to share the story as it is in my short lifespan one that I cannot forget (and leading to that a few nice parts for the E21 for sale) !

so...the story begins, business as usual, me driving through Austria and collecting old alloy wheels...

Listing : BMW Racing Dynamics wheels, decent price, senior citizen on the phone, lets roll ! When I arrive I noticed the licenceplate BMW1 and the sticker...

Funny guy...lets talk, I show him my cars, he sees a few sets of wheels which he recognizes and he says, come to me, I have a few BMW's in parts and we were scrapping cars in the 90s, come, look and please dont pick :) So that was it for the day.

Next week the planned visit was due, I collect all the BMW parts (alot of 02 parts for my touring), we set the price and the movie starts :

Next thing i remember was that his 80+ years old father in law has 3 big storages full of car parts (new and old) - as he was the original scraping parts owner of the business. We start viewing the holy halls, 1,2,3...all parts immaculate condition, perfectly dry stored, most of them in original boxes never used. Great...600m2 of storage with car doors, bumpers, lights,...reality check, I really dont have the money to buy all of it...but it didnt came out of my mouth as he said as long as the father in law enjoys gathering and collecting parts, its not for sale. PHEW !

The story takes the turn for the best now...we have an attic on which the father in law wasnt for 30 years (bad knee)...this COULD be for sale.
Lets take a look ...

est. 100m2 new old stock of bumpers (+ a few plastic ones and a few used ones)...I start sniffing around, I imidiately recognise E21 front middle bumpers, thats it...no more looking, lets make a deal !

After careful talks we agree that I get the BMW parts, for the bumpers its a decision that the father in law has to do it when he comes back from the vacation.

A week passes by, I get a big van, lets call him : Yes, my father in law said that the attic is yours, deal - you take everything and clean it out. At that time I sat on a wheel in my workshop and was sitting there atleast for an hour and was laughing at the situation.

next day loading day...

got a few engines also...

after a loooong day of loading and unloading, lets see what we have...

cleaning the old wrapping paper and wasp nests, it's a dirty job !

Got a few vintage friends on visit to try to recognise all the bumpers that I got...
fiat 128, 132, peugeot 304, 504, audi, ford taunus, fiesta, capri, opels,...

Citroen Dyane

looks better

creme de la creme !

NOS BMW E21 front middle bumpers - the listing in the For sale section comes tomorrow

Opel kadett D

I was literally wanting to throw them away, but a german opel dealer took them from me for a not small amount of euros :)

This is it for now, so yes...even in this times, barn finds do exist !

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Barn finds do exist - and a few BMW parts also

Post by Jeroen »

Oh wow, I'm truly impressed! It's been a while since I last ran into such a barn haha!

Anything else than center sections for the E21? And I may be interested in buying a few of these centers as well so I would appreaciate if you could offer those on the forum first... thanks in advance!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
ronaldo
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by ronaldo »

+1 for me for the bumper
croma_man
E21 Pro

Post by croma_man »

Jeroen wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:37 am if you could offer those on the forum first...
that is correct, first take care of the original genuine owners, then others ! All bumpers will be polished and buffed new (due to long 30+ years storage) they will come as this one :

There will be a group order price possible as the bumpers parts are stackable and can be safely moved in larger quantities. Jeroen knows how I pack :)

as to the other parts, sadly none E21...other BMW parts gathered :

new E23 rear trunk lid, 2x E23 right fender, E23 front spoiler
2002 rear window, 2x non heated, 1x heated
1x new front middle E12 bumper
1x new front middle E30 bumper
1x 318is e30 exhaust manifold with O2 meter

will do a sale on other parts that I dont need too, just need time and as I am looking at the workshop, there is none (as there is no storage left) :mrgreen:
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

so many years... still new!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

On that first pic is a e21 front valance aswell, type 1. Lies across the rest on the right.

Great find!! Whow!!!
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
croma_man
E21 Pro

Post by croma_man »

uwbuurman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:41 pm On that first pic is a e21 front valance aswell, type 1. Lies across the rest on the right.

Great find!! Whow!!!
yes, the front PFL valance is also up for grabs, never mounted.
e21Keith
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): '81 323i Manual

Post by e21Keith »

I'd also be interested in a front centre please.
Nick1984
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Post by Nick1984 »

Great barn find!!! I am also interested in a E21 front middle bumper part! :D
[img]https://i.imgur.com/NwLeGXT.jpg[/img]
croma_man
E21 Pro

Post by croma_man »

sorry guys for the late replys, I'm literally burning up with the wheel refurbs...i promise I will list the bumpers first thing here on the forum, so our E21's get the best ones !