Lost family car, looking to seek out our old E21 323i family car to purchase.

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
phillbriggs1
Newbee
My E21(s): BMW E21

Lost family car, looking to seek out our old E21 323i family car to purchase.

Post by phillbriggs1 »

Hi there, following the recent passing of my father.

Im looking to try and track down and possible buy back my old family car. It was a BMW 323i saloon. Reg : OVH 412X

Me and my late father and infact my mother helped restore the car to a very high standard many years ago, being a small car body shop. We totally striped down & resprayed the car including alot of welding work. We resprayed it from dark blue to British racing green metallic. The car had a almost new beige interior and almost new engine too. We bought a few other e21's to use as donor cars for this car. In the end it had all the genuine bbs spoiler and valance inc wheels. The car really caught peoples eye and was well known in our area.

Id like to track down and find the car and probably restore it.

According to the gov websites its been of the road since 2002. So will most likely need considerable attention.

Any way I will post a few pictures on here later of it, but thought this was a good place to start in order to put the word out that im trying to find it.

thanks

uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Re: Lost family car, looking to seek out our old E21 323i family car to purchase.

Post by uwbuurman »

Hi Phill, cool search. But it might help, it you post some dates, locations, countries even, the more the better! Got a chassisnumer?
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
phillbriggs1
Newbee
My E21(s): BMW E21

Re: Lost family car, looking to seek out our old E21 323i family car to purchase.

Post by phillbriggs1 »

Hi, the car was sold in the UK, I believe to the norfolk area.

We sold the car to a car dealer that we were in contact with regular back then as we used to buy and sell cars from him. We are now trying to rack our brains to remeber his name and try and contact him.

The car was actually dark blue and orignally a 320/6, however it was fitted with a 2.3i via bmw under warranty. not sure how this happened but it did.

From a vehicle search it looks like the last owner was registered in 2002, I believe this ties up with around the time we sold it. So this could be good as it may have not changed hands again. If i can track down our old dealer friend, you never know he may remeber where it went or even know where it is.

No chassis number unfortunately but a hpi did bring up a engine number.

Thansk
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Fingers crossed! I do know that there are people on the forum that were find their old love again, not impossible!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
LloydRT
Newbee
My E21(s): 320i

Post by LloydRT »

Hope you'll be able to find that 323i! Good luck