Having a referendum on the forum, please participate!

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos

Do we want to give this seller a 2nd chance and allow him back on?

Yes
37%
Yes, but... (please post your view in this topic)
48%
No
15%

Total votes: 27

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Having a referendum on the forum, please participate!

Post by Jeroen »

There's a first! Since I'm not Kim Jong-un I'd like to know what your opinion is in a matter with Dutch member Beginner E21:

The situation
A member here buys a set of bumpers for over 200 GBP including shipping (just to get you an idea). What he receives is a decent rear example, but a dented front one. At first the seller is not willing to even respond to emails from buyer. My main concern here is that someone sells a part in a condition that clearly can not be considered fair or useable. Even though buyer could have asked for more photos to establish the condition and no matter what the price was, this is not a way of dealing among enthusiasts in my opinion and this is my main concern. Because of the initial position the seller took towards both buyer and me, I banned the seller permanently. After my mediation they agree on a partial compensation, that is yet to be paid by the way.

The referendum
The banned seller is showing remorse and asking to be allowed back on. If we'd like to consider that, it would be after settling things with this buyer. But then, do we want to give this seller a 2nd chance?
I will be watching him closely if we allow him back on. Kind request for your votes please!

By the way, if you want to suggest other topics for a referendum or poll here, feel free to PM me!

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
niall
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Re: Having a referendum on the forum, please participate!

Post by niall »

allow him back on, but perhaps not allowed to create for sale threads?

Also this highlights the protection a buy gets when paying with paypal, something i suggest everyone uses. If the item doesnt show up or not as described, paypal fight for you. i have always had a greaat experience with them
Niall Phillips------ too many cars
E21 RB20DET
E46M3
E34 52???
Ford Sierra v8
Range Rover v8
300zx Twin Turbo
Audi A4 daily
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

Why would he want to be here again?

In my opinion it's the fair thing to do, to give him a second chance, but under firm conditions. Act normal or get the f*** out, and go post on e30 forums were its more common to treat each other like garbage.
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
niall
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by niall »

i agree with the above opinion too because having been on many different forums ove rthe years adn coming bcak here i realised how nice people are. No dick heads on bmwe21.net. Common courtesy adn respect. that is why this is the only forum i post on

Thanks guys :D
Niall Phillips------ too many cars
E21 RB20DET
E46M3
E34 52???
Ford Sierra v8
Range Rover v8
300zx Twin Turbo
Audi A4 daily
healeyneil
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): '81 318is Baur - ahead of its time !

Post by healeyneil »

Like the others have said, give him a second chance. The few things Ive bought on here have been great, but I had the same experience on the E30 forum when buying things. I would agree that some posters on that site can be not very nice !
323baur
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Post by 323baur »

Second chance... But first apologies for the buyer on the forum, credit must be validated,and for 1 year no trade.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
nas80
E21 Mad

Post by nas80 »

Man there's no such thing as a mint part.

Usually when we get a bum deal it's from people who buy n sell a lot. He doesn't so perhaps he deserves a second chance as long as he's made it right with the buyer.
[img]http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/nasbucket/forumsig.jpg[/img]
e21-Mark
E21 Master
My E21(s): 316 m52/2.8 Cat Cams & Jenvey ITB
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JackyardBackoff

Post by e21-Mark »

Everyone makes mistakes. Would be different if had set out to deliberately mislead someone.
Mihajlo
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 1982 315swap323i

Post by Mihajlo »

323baur wrote:Second chance... But first apologies for the buyer on the forum, credit must be validated,and for 1 year no trade.
+1
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Manitoba
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '80 323i, 5-speed manual Kastanien rot

Post by Manitoba »

I agree with Koos on wanting to know 'why' he definitely wants to return to the forum. My concern is also not the (state of) the goods he wanted to sell, but the lack of reaction afterwards and his initial unwillingness to respond to forum owner Jeroen.

So, as far as I am concerned let him come back with some kind of probation. No selling for an X time of period.

Greetz,
Walter.
gazzab1978
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): 320 baur

Post by gazzab1978 »

If you believe that it was an honest mistake from the sellers part and he is honestly remorseful for the way he treated the buyer after he received the bumpers then i think he should be given a 2nd chance and hopefully all other forum users will see this thread and use caution when dealing with the seller in the future.
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

:thumbsup
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
petroscf
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '77 EU 316 (2.0 - manual/dogleg - lsd)

Post by petroscf »

e21-Mark wrote:Everyone makes mistakes. Would be different if had set out to deliberately mislead someone.
I also believe that pictures should have been asked from the part of the buyer, and shown, -recent ones!! -from the part of the seller.
However, if the bumpers' condition were advertised as good or very good etc. then, pictures or no, we are talking about misleading

+1 with Mark

PS : of course refunding is an alternative, but afa I'm concerned, the whole issue is better to NOT happen, as everyone gets sad afterwards, so much much better if things are clarified from the start (with honest pics)
/oo=00=oo\
E21 Forever
LeeLee
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): E21 316 1981

Post by LeeLee »

I would say ban him it's not that of a big deal to ban him but it will protect buyers next time,If someone wasn't happy with my spare I'd send it back straight away.I've bin ripped off buy some BMW parts guys and any help a enthusiast can get the better.building and running a old car is expensive enough,to many businesses making a buck on stripping these beasts and selling at silly prices
pandemonium001
E21 Pro
My E21(s): E12 535i T (ish)

Post by pandemonium001 »

Has the partial refund been given yet?.
initial no response is no big deal, people go on holiday, dont have smart phones, or dont spend every waking moment on the net! I would wait a week or 2 at least before thinking an individual was blanking me. Mr ltd should reply within 24hrs.
Condition is a matter of opinion, comprehensive hd pictures in good light should be asked for if not available, did the buyer clearly ask was there any defects compared to a new bumper?..
but personally I would feel compelled to tell the buyer anything I would consider less than perfect.

was the bumper damaged in transit? Was postal insurace taken out for loss or damage?

is the buyer chancing his arm knowing fine he may be able to repair or replace the section for bugger all and using the dent as an excuse?..

I think its 50/50