Having a referendum on the forum, please participate!

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos

Do we want to give this seller a 2nd chance and allow him back on?

Yes
37%
Yes, but... (please post your view in this topic)
48%
No
15%

Total votes: 27

arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Re: Having a referendum on the forum, please participate!

Post by arshad76 »

So yes J, I voted for said person to allowed back on - everyone makes mistakes. With this said, that should be the only lifeline they are allowed. I guess ebay is now in favour of buyers, where once it recognised that they could be unreasonable/dishonest too (hence allowing sellers to leave feedback at one time), so I like to think innocent until proven guilty.

The one thing that does grate me is when a seller doesn't put a photo up of the goods or even a car they are selling. That somehow as more established members they are "above" this. Everyone has a camera these days, apart from cutting out a lot of opportunistic middle man sales (selling something from a buyer with a little mark up without actually buying it in the first place) it would also cut out a lot of the types of issues you've mentioned as everyone would have better visibility of the condition and could judge accordingly should there be any disagreements.

Just my two pence!

UK Moderator
philiper
E21 starter
My E21(s): Gone, thankfully

Post by philiper »

maybe pointing an obvious here, but can that user not re-register with a new username?! I mean if he/she gets banned!

online transactions are based on trust and honesty, so if a genuine mistake was made and it was a one off, give the user a 2nd chance.
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

We clearly all agree on giving this user a second chance -under conditions- which sounds good to me, but after things are settled with the current buyer.

I agree that both buyer and seller have a responsibility here, but in some cases you just know beforehand that some parts are just not fit for use anymore and that was the case here imo. At that point the seller also should think twice before offering.

Some people have a problem with mentioning this user's name but I find it more important that people know what issues we have seen in the past, and regular forum visitors have seen this already anyway.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
e21flyer
Newbee

Post by e21flyer »

Everyone deserves a second chance...
Hopefully the seller has learnt from this episode, and realises that he needs to be more honourable when dealing with fellow enthusiasts and forum members in the future.
Great that you put this case to the forum Jeroen.
1981 BMW 323i Baur (Stratosblau)
petroscf
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '77 EU 316 (2.0 - manual/dogleg - lsd)

Post by petroscf »

e21flyer wrote: ...Great that you put this case to the forum Jeroen.

:thumbsup
+1
/oo=00=oo\
E21 Forever
e21Keith
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): '81 323i Manual

Post by e21Keith »

I think we should all treat each other as we would like to be treated ourselves.
I have met some genuinely good people through this and other forums and bought and sold very happily and successfully. Unfortunately I have also had dealings with timewasters, scammers and straight forward liars. I have to say that in general my eBay dealings have been more successful than through forums.
My view is that if I am unhappy with an item I bought I should have the right to a refund, this is what I do if anyone is unhappy with items they bought from me. In eBay transactions I leave negative feedback if I'm unhappy and eBay themselves impose sanctions and refunds where disputes cannot be resolved amicably.
In an instance like the one detailed here, the buyer is obviously still unhappy with the resolution offered by the seller. If I were the seller I would either offer a full or partial refund depending on whether the seller returned the item or not. Clearly if the item is not defective, as the seller I should be happy to take it back and sell it with clear conscience to someone else, in this case that doesn't appear to be the case, the logical conclusion would be that the buyer has been suckered into parting with money for a substandard item.
Lots of talk here about the seller having learnt his lesson, but so far as I can see he hasn't rectified the situation with the buyer yet, so how has he learnt the lesson?
I therefore feel it is the responsibility of the forum administrators to expel the errant seller and that entertaining a vote system shows weakness in dealing with a matter which sits somewhere between fraud and theft!
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Seller is banned for now, until the buyer tells me things are settled in an acceptable manner.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Over one month down and it looks like the seller still hasn't found the time or money to pay the refund he promised :hammer
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
goldbmwe21323i
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): 1982 323i, E30 325i Cab

Post by goldbmwe21323i »

give him a second chance. all people deserve a chance in life.
PURE E21!
Car Sales of all makes and models
www.crestmotors.co.uk
ON THE LOOK OUT FOR MY OLD ONE BLACK MHX117X
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

To bad, Second chance is gone now. Never let him back on!
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
323baur
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Post by 323baur »

Closing time James..
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

As far as I know, the seller has not yet paid the refund he had agreed on, in which case I also see no reason to have him back on here again.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
goldbmwe21323i
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): 1982 323i, E30 325i Cab

Post by goldbmwe21323i »

if by giving him a chance to settle up the agreed refund and his has not done it in the time scale set, then imo his second chance that he deserves was giving and he has not come good, then lock him out from this site,
PURE E21!
Car Sales of all makes and models
www.crestmotors.co.uk
ON THE LOOK OUT FOR MY OLD ONE BLACK MHX117X
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

I am very glad that we don't run into issues with sellers here often, but every once in a while there's someone that does not behave as fair as we would (and should!!) expect under fanatics. After issues with parts supplied by user Indy555 (Chris Wohlers, Germany) this account has been suspended.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

Tough decision, but the only thing to do.
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport